All molds are made with an FDA approved silicone that's safe for food contact, and also for other craft clays. If you use the molds for non-food purposes, don't use them for food to avoid cross-contamination.
Molds are heat-resistant up to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash in water with a mild dish soap.
Don't flex molds too far or the silicone can rip. Normal use will not damage the mold.
These molds work best with firm modeling materials that keep the detail easily. Softer materials may not work as well since they can stretch when being removed from the mold. Put the molds in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up softer materials before de-molding if necessary.
Molds can be used with fondant, gumpaste, candy clay, isomalt, polymer clay, air-dry clay, utee, pmc and resins.
Wafer paper is made from potato starch and vegetable oil, and is vegan. It has a neutral taste and when applied to the cake or cookies it doesn't affect the flavor. It might have a starchy texture when eaten depending on how it's attached and what it's attached to.
Wafer paper doesn't go bad, but it's best to use it within a year of purchasing because it can dry out and become brittle.
Since wafer paper is a starch, it's highly sensitive to water and moisture, and it should be stored in a dry area that isn't humid. Don't refrigerate it since the humidity in the fridge can make it soften and melt. Wafer paper flowers should be applied to cakes and cupcakes relatively close to the time they'll be displayed to avoid the possibility of having them absorb moisture and oils from the icing. Applying to fondant is fine to do ahead of time, but the cake should NOT be refrigerated after attaching it to the cake.
Because the wafer paper will absorb moisture, it can soften if it's outside in high humidity. It might not be a great choice in rainy weather.
Wafer paper items are printed on a dedicated food-coloring printer. Colors may vary based on differences between computer monitors, so it's not possible to 100% guarantee an exact color match with what's on the screen.
Gumpaste is a sugar dough that dries to a hard finish. It makes beautiful sugar flowers that are used to decorate cakes. It's technically edible, but it doesn't taste like much, so it's generally used as a decoration only.
Gumpaste is fragile and can break if it's not handled gently, or if it's dropped. It can be fixed with hot glue or royal icing if damage does happen.
Gumpaste will absorb moisture if it's left for long periods of time in humid areas, or if it gets wet. It's best to not refrigerate it because high-humidity fridges can make it melt.
Isomalt is a beet sugar that's similar to the no-calorie sugar substitutes on the market. It's edible but in large quantities it can cause someone to get "gastric distress," so it's better not to eat it! If you're sensitive to sugar substitutes like maltodextrin, don't eat isomalt.
Isomalt jewels and other sugar items will absorb moisture, which can make the outside sticky. Store it in a dry area at room temperature and don't refrigerate it. If isomalt loses its shine after a while, spray or rub with a little bit of cooking oil to restore the shine.